Dad wears embarrassing Daisy Dukes on family outing to teach short-shorts loving daughter a lesson
- Scott Mackintosh of Utah saw a teaching opportunity in some scissors and a pair of old jeans
PUBLISHED: 22:56 EST, 11 September 2013 | UPDATED: 22:56 EST, 11 September 2013
A Utah dad fed up with his daughter’s preference for very short shorts decided to teach her a lesson by donning some Daisy Dukes of his own.
Scott Mackintosh was about to go on a family night out, but when he asked his daughter to kindly change into longer shorts and she refused, he took some scissors to an old pair of his own jeans.
The result was a revealing pair of cut-offs designed to show his daughter her shorts aren’t ‘as cute as she thinks.’
Scroll down for video...
'In our family we have modesty guidelines': Scott Mackintosh's daughter wouldn't change out of her short shorts before a family outing, so the Utah dad slipped into a pair of his own
‘In our family we have pretty definite modesty guidelines,’ writes Mackintosh on his wife Becky’s blog.
One of those guidelines happens to be no short-shorts.
‘I’m a firm believer that the way we dress sends messages about us, and it influences the way we and others act,’ he writes.
Every Monday, the Mackintoshes do something together ‘in an effort to try to spend time with just the family.’
Last Monday, they decided to go out to eat.
But as they were about to leave, Mackintosh’s teen daughter was resolute—she would not change out of her Daisy Dukes.
A lesson in modesty? Photos of Mackintosh in his Daisy Dukes quickly went viral and he even made an appearance on Utah television
At first, the kids had their heads buried in their phones, Mackintosh said, and didn’t notice his revealing attire.
‘Why are you dressed like that?’ his daughter eventually asked when they were nearly at the restaurant. ‘Oh well, I don’t care.’
Dinner came and went without Mackintosh’s daughter breaking a sweat, so he decided to take things to the next level.
‘OK, let’s go miniature golfing,’ he said.
Again, the daughter wouldn’t let her embarrassment show.
Then, when they arrived at a local ice cream shop, she cracked.
‘As I pulled into a stall, my daughter said, “Uh, no! We are not going in!” I said “Let's go through the drive up.”’
Mackintosh, his wife, and their son went inside, but their daughter stayed in the car.
He’s not sure if the lesson sunk in, but Mackintosh said he’s comfortable with that.
‘There was no “Dad I get it,”’ he said. ‘But no matter if social media gets the story mixed up and twisted, my daughter will always know that her dad loves her and cares about her enough to make a fool out of himself.’
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
MOST READ NEWS
Cody Walker spent Wednesday clearing up his late brother's possessions at his home in Santa Barbara, California At point one a neighbor stopped to offer the ...
- Terre des Hommes creates CGI girl called Sweetie to entice child porn predators
- Wolves escape from sanctuary, spend several hours outside
- Court docs detail violent Bedford, N.H. assault
- America prepares for Cyber Monday as online retailers expect to rake in more than $1 billion
- Mother leaves baby boy in elevator only for girl, 10, to find him and 'throw him to his death off balcony'
- Elderly couple in their 90s fall to their deaths from block of flats 'in suicide pact because they didn't want to go into a care home'
- Thomas Williams to wed Elizabeth Lev Glendon, daughter of Pope Francis' adviser
- Pictures of Paul Walker as best man at brother's wedding weeks ago
- Ex-boyfriend arrested over murder of nurse and her three young children who were found killed in family home
- Metro-North crash: Father-of-four cancer survivor killed in New York train crash as he traveled to city to work on lighting for Rockefeller Christmas tree after Thanksgiving
- Nelson Mandela hailed as a champion of the power of sport
- Giant George the world's tallest dog EVER who stood over 7ft tall on his hind legs passes away at home
- University of Connecticut professor arrested for 'urinating in parking lot'
- Yale professor Sam See, 34, dies in jail after domestic dispute with his newlywed husband
- Debutante balls resurrected by Dubai ex-pats and Arab royalty
- Richard Shoop, 20, who opened fire at New Jersey's Westfield Garden State Plaza Mall found dead
- Patient who tested positive for swine flu dies in Alaska hospital
- Tributes for Nelson Mandela from all over the world flood Twitter
- Your toes are bloody -- but there's something special about a tutu: New documentary sheds light on the grit and glamour of life at the New York City Ballet
- Russian billionaire's ex-wife selling $30 million compound - the most expensive Brooklyn property ever
- Graffiti hate crime teen Isaac Phillips may have been victimized by MOTHER Andrea Brazier
- Pictured: Container of stolen radioactive liquid capable of becoming a 'dirty bomb' located in rural Mexican farming town
- Will this be the biggest funeral in history? Mandela to have 12-day state memorial and Obama, Clinton and Cameron are expected to attend service
- France outraged as leaked NSA documents reveal the US spied on more than 70 million phone conversations in one month
|PHOTOS: Plastic Surgery Celebrity||Awkward family photos|
|UPDATED: Faces of Meth||PHOTOS: Celebrities all a-Twitter|
- Marge Simpson commissions dress from Project Runway stars for Simpsons' 25th anniversary
- Fury at AT&T for refusing to reveal their dealings with the NSA
- Team USA snowboarders' uniforms foreign-made
- Akron Children's Hospital in Ohio dropping fight to force Amish girl to have chemotherapy
- EXCLUSIVE: 'First degree rape...lmao' - Shocking tweets at the center of allegations of a SECOND Steubenville rape months before the assault that scandalised America
- President Obama joined by wife and their daughters as they light the National Christmas Tree
- Women who accused Bikram yoga founder of rape speak out
- Grandmother jailed for killing granddaughter after giving her morphine for toothache
- Nelson Mandela dead at 95
- Car hits a deer and sends it into the air before landing on a nearby jogger